Agilytic is looking for passionate and entrepreneurial professionals to turn data into insights, and insights into high-value business decisions for our clients.
Our company is based in the south-east vicinity of Brussels, Belgium, but we work on assignments anywhere in Belgium and France.
As a Data Scientist, you will play a key role in the end-to-end delivery of our projects, from the requirements’ analysis to the automation of the models. This includes data manipulation, data audit, descriptive analysis run, modelling and presentation of the results.
You will be expected to interact with both IT/data specialists as well as business executives (marketing, process, customer care).
The junior data scientist will be coached by a senior data scientist to acquire the business and technical skills to manage his/her projects quickly.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and prioritise business requirements;
- Manage data collection, from databases identification to datamart consolidation;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Model data related to specific business objectives, interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets;
- Communicate effectively the results of our analysis and discuss the subsequent action plan with the client.
Roles & responsibilities
We are looking for strong candidates with the following academic and professional experiences:
- A Master in Management/Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Biology or similar
- Knowledge and experience with ETL and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Spark)
- Technical expertise in data preparation, data models, data mining and segmentation
- Relevant experience in a similar position (e.g. Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst) is a plus
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch
- Driving licence: type B (car in Belgium) or similar
- Eligibility to work in Belgium and the European Union (please be aware that we cannot provide with relocation support)
We are also looking for the following attributes
- Desire to be among the first employees of a growing structure, to help us shape our organisation in the future
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts and non-experts alike
- Curiosity about new techniques and tools, eagerness to always keep learning