Agilytic is looking for passionate and entrepreneurial Data Engineers to tackle complex technological projects in our most challenging assignments.
Our company is based in the south-east vicinity of Brussels, Belgium, but we work on assignments anywhere in Belgium and France.
As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in preparing the big data infrastructure that will be used by our Data Scientists in the delivery of our projects.
The data engineer will be coached by a senior expert to grow the technical and business skills to manage his/her projects quickly.
- Conceive and build data architectures
- Integrate data sources
- Ensure data are easily accessible and that their exploitation is performing as requested, even in highly scalable circumstances
- Optimise data ecosystems' performance
- Execute ETL (extract/transform/load) processes from complex data sets
- Create large data warehouses fit for further reporting or advanced analytics
Roles & responsibilities
We are looking for strong candidates with the following academic and professional experiences:
- A Master in Informatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative discipline
- Strong affinity with data science in general and big data platforms in particular
- Familiarity with different types of databases, SQL and noSQL
- At least 2 years experience with parallel platforms (Hadoop, Cloudera...)
- Experience in design, implementation, monitoring and exploitations of data stored on parallel servers
- Technical expertise in
- Distributed systems architecture
- Data pipeline management
- Large data storage architecture
- Programming languages requirements
- Scala: required
- Python, R, C, C++ and/or C# are a plus
- Spark: nice to have
- Fluency in English and French, Dutch being a plus
- Driving licence: type B (car in Belgium) or similar
- Eligibility to work in Belgium and the European Union (please be aware that we cannot provide with relocation support)
We are also looking for the following attributes
- Desire to be among the first employees of a growing structure, to help us shape our organisation in the future
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts and non-experts alike
- Curiosity about new techniques and tools, eagerness to always keep learning
Applications for this position are closed.
Still unsure about applying? Learn more about working with us on our Careers page.